Toddling tots raise money for Barnardo's
OVER 30 young children toddled their way around Felixstowe's Allenby Park for charity.The under-fives from St Andrews Pre-school walked half a mile to raise money for the children's charity Barnado's.
OVER 30 young children toddled their way around Felixstowe's Allenby Park for charity.
The under-fives from St Andrews Pre-school walked half a mile to raise money for the children's charity Barnado's.
Barbara Brewster, from the pre-school, said that she was hoping the toddlers and their parents would raise £400.
The children, who were being sponsored by family and friends, walked around an area in the park one and a half times until the lure of the park's sings and slides distracted them. But they were to continue the last one and a half laps after their break.
Among the group were Oliver Rose, three, who had raised more than £18, Matthew Harrold, four, who managed to raise £30 and Ben Read, three, who was sponsored for more than £15.
Ben's mum, Jo, of Gainsborough Road, said: "I like the Barnado's charity and this is a bit of fun. Ben's quite happy to walk."
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
The children's walk was part of The Foresters Big Toddle.