Toddling tots raise money for Barnardo's
OVER 30 young children toddled their way around Felixstowe's Allenby Park for charity.The under-fives from St Andrews Pre-school walked half a mile to raise money for the children's charity Barnado's.
OVER 30 young children toddled their way around Felixstowe's Allenby Park for charity.
The under-fives from St Andrews Pre-school walked half a mile to raise money for the children's charity Barnado's.
Barbara Brewster, from the pre-school, said that she was hoping the toddlers and their parents would raise £400.
The children, who were being sponsored by family and friends, walked around an area in the park one and a half times until the lure of the park's sings and slides distracted them. But they were to continue the last one and a half laps after their break.
You may also want to watch:
Among the group were Oliver Rose, three, who had raised more than £18, Matthew Harrold, four, who managed to raise £30 and Ben Read, three, who was sponsored for more than £15.
Ben's mum, Jo, of Gainsborough Road, said: "I like the Barnado's charity and this is a bit of fun. Ben's quite happy to walk."
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 2 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 7 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
The children's walk was part of The Foresters Big Toddle.