Ipswich's most festive street to be chosen by MP
- Credit: Archant
MP Tom Hunt is to choose the town's most festive street in his Light Up Ipswich competition.
The parliamentarian is launching the contest as a "great way to spread some Christmas cheer around our town" following a challenging year coping with the coronavirus crisis.
He is encouraging everyone to get their Christmas lights and decorations out for the festive season, with he and his team visiting all the best lit streets which have been nominated by the people of Ipswich to choose a winner.
"It will be very exciting for the whole town to see Ipswich glowing in all its festive glory and looking forward to a much, much, brighter 2021," he said.
To nominate a street - whether it is your own, or another that’s caught your eye - visit http://www.tom4ipswich.com/light-up-ipswich!
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries is Friday, D
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich