Too many cars could cause tragedy
INCREASING car ownership in a residential close has prompted fears that there could be a tragedy if an emergency vehicle could not get through.Now the residents of Rectory Close, Raydon, near Hadleigh, have signed a petition in a bid to get something done.
INCREASING car ownership in a residential close has prompted fears that there could be a tragedy if an emergency vehicle could not get through.
Now the residents of Rectory Close, Raydon, near Hadleigh, have signed a petition in a bid to get something done.
Linda Frost, chair of Raydon Parish Council, said: "I'm really concerned that if there was a fire in one of the bungalows at the end and emergency vehicles couldn't get up there it could be a life lost."
She said one option could be to get the road widened and that the parish council had enlisted the help of the area's district councillor, Sue Wigglesworth.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wigglesworth said many of the older council estates in Babergh District Council's area suffered from similar problems because they had been built in the days when car ownership was a rarity.
Proposals had been drawn up to drop the kerbs in Rectory Close and offer residents access to park their vehicles on their own property.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
But, she said, it was likely to be a couple of years before the money was available for the work to be carried out.