Top marks for gas company
TXU Energi has been ranked highest in a leading survey of customer satisfaction among gas consumers.TXU Energi – recently acquired by Powergen, the UK arm of the German group E.
TXU Energi has been ranked highest in a leading survey of customer satisfaction among gas consumers.
TXU Energi – recently acquired by Powergen, the UK arm of the German group E.ON – has increased its satisfaction rating by four index points compared with last year to be placed first in the J D Power and Associates 2002 UK Gas Supplier Domestic Customer Satisfaction Study.
Ipswich-based TXU Energi performed particularly well in the survey in the areas of price and value, supply quality and reliability, and billing and payment.
"This top customer satisfaction ranking is not only good news for TXU Energi, but also for Powergen, which recently purchased TXU's UK operations," said Gunda Lapski, director of utilities at J D Power and Associates.
"Supplier image is the most important factor determining satisfaction among gas customers, so as the UK utilities market continues to consolidate, it will be interesting to see how consumer perceptions of gas providers are affected."
TXU Energi's marketing director, Matthew Crane, said the result was a tremendous achievement for a brand that was launched just over a year ago.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 7 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
TXU Energi staff were empowered to "go the extra mile" for their customers, and this was clearly reflected in the ranking results.
Second and third in the ranking behind TXU Energi are SEEBOARD and British Gas respectively.