Top marks for gas company
TXU Energi has been ranked highest in a leading survey of customer satisfaction among gas consumers.TXU Energi – recently acquired by Powergen, the UK arm of the German group E.
TXU Energi has been ranked highest in a leading survey of customer satisfaction among gas consumers.
TXU Energi – recently acquired by Powergen, the UK arm of the German group E.ON – has increased its satisfaction rating by four index points compared with last year to be placed first in the J D Power and Associates 2002 UK Gas Supplier Domestic Customer Satisfaction Study.
Ipswich-based TXU Energi performed particularly well in the survey in the areas of price and value, supply quality and reliability, and billing and payment.
"This top customer satisfaction ranking is not only good news for TXU Energi, but also for Powergen, which recently purchased TXU's UK operations," said Gunda Lapski, director of utilities at J D Power and Associates.
You may also want to watch:
"Supplier image is the most important factor determining satisfaction among gas customers, so as the UK utilities market continues to consolidate, it will be interesting to see how consumer perceptions of gas providers are affected."
TXU Energi's marketing director, Matthew Crane, said the result was a tremendous achievement for a brand that was launched just over a year ago.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 7 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 8 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
TXU Energi staff were empowered to "go the extra mile" for their customers, and this was clearly reflected in the ranking results.
Second and third in the ranking behind TXU Energi are SEEBOARD and British Gas respectively.