Eyes down! Take a look at these fascinating photos from Ipswich’s Top Rank Bingo in 1974
- Credit: Archant
We take a trip down memory lane to Top Rank Bingo in 1974, so sit back and get a cup of tea, number three.
Eyes down! These pictures from 1974, found in our archives, show the Ipswich venue was packed full of eager bingo-goers with their daubers at the ready.
Some were dressed to impressed in their best suit and bow tie, along with others in floral dresses, in a game that proved to be fun for all - old and young.
The room appeared to be full of smiles, showing everything was tickety-boo (62). Everyone watched out for their chance to get a full house and win the prize.
You can still play bingo in Ipswich - Top Rank Bingo was later taken over by Mecca Bingo, which is still in Lloyds Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Were you a bingo player in the 1970s? Do you recognise any of these friendly faces? Email email@example.com with your memories.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air