Eyes down! Take a look at these fascinating photos from Ipswich’s Top Rank Bingo in 1974
- Credit: Archant
We take a trip down memory lane to Top Rank Bingo in 1974, so sit back and get a cup of tea, number three.
Eyes down! These pictures from 1974, found in our archives, show the Ipswich venue was packed full of eager bingo-goers with their daubers at the ready.
Some were dressed to impressed in their best suit and bow tie, along with others in floral dresses, in a game that proved to be fun for all - old and young.
The room appeared to be full of smiles, showing everything was tickety-boo (62). Everyone watched out for their chance to get a full house and win the prize.
You can still play bingo in Ipswich - Top Rank Bingo was later taken over by Mecca Bingo, which is still in Lloyds Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Were you a bingo player in the 1970s? Do you recognise any of these friendly faces? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your memories.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 4 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 5 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 6 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 9 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 10 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager