Tory pair facing misconduct hearings
TWO Ipswich councillors are today facing an investigation into alleged misconduct offences.Conservative councillors Gordon Terry and Stephen Barker have been referred to the Standards Board for England.
TWO Ipswich councillors are today facing an investigation into alleged misconduct offences.
Conservative councillors Gordon Terry and Stephen Barker have been referred to the Standards Board for England. They will be investigated at hearings in February.
A spokeswoman for the Standards Board said Mr Terry was being investigated for failing to withdraw from a meeting while items in which he had a prejudicial interest were being discussed.
Mr Barker was being investigated for failing to treat other people with respect and compromising the impartiality of authority employees.
You may also want to watch:
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 10 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss