Tory pair facing misconduct hearings
TWO Ipswich councillors are today facing an investigation into alleged misconduct offences.Conservative councillors Gordon Terry and Stephen Barker have been referred to the Standards Board for England.
TWO Ipswich councillors are today facing an investigation into alleged misconduct offences.
Conservative councillors Gordon Terry and Stephen Barker have been referred to the Standards Board for England. They will be investigated at hearings in February.
A spokeswoman for the Standards Board said Mr Terry was being investigated for failing to withdraw from a meeting while items in which he had a prejudicial interest were being discussed.
Mr Barker was being investigated for failing to treat other people with respect and compromising the impartiality of authority employees.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 9 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?