Tourist Information Centre to host week of events showcasing Ipswich’s arts scene
- Credit: Su Anderson
Ipswich Arts Association is showcasing entertainment in Suffolk at an ‘open house’ week of events.
The association – a collective of more than 50 societies and organisations operating in the arts and entertainment industry in Ipswich – will be at the Tourist Information Centre in St Stephen’s Lane from June 12-17 between 10am and 4pm.
Among the work on display will be drama, crafts, children’s books, world cinema, and choral, classical and popular music.
Members of the Ipswich Society will also be on hand at 1pm each day with a series of short 20-minute talks on the arts and entertainment history in town.
A spokesman said: “Come along and find out more about the entertainment on offer from the fifty societies and organisations that make up the Ipswich Arts Association.
“Representatives from the various arts groups will be on hand to explain how you can get more involved in the local arts scene.”
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season