Woman in her 70s seriously injured in Ipswich accident
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider is in hospital after suffering serious injuries in a mid-morning crash in the centre of Ipswich.
The woman, who is in her 70s, was taken to hospital for a routine check-up where it was discovered that she had sustained a broken pelvis and internal bleeding.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the serious two-vehicle collision, which happened on Wednesday, April 17, at about 11.25am at Tower Ramparts.
The accident happened between a Honda Vision moped and a Vauxhall Astra just before the pedestrian crossing opposite Crown Pools, at the bus station.
The male driver in the car was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has dash camera footage of the incident.
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Sgt Peter Partridge via email at email@example.com or phone 101 quoting CAD124 of April 17.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood