Town centre goes dark
ALMOST 2,000 customers in central Ipswich lost their electricity today due to problems with the underground electrical network.The power to 1,800 businesses and homes in the town centre was lost from 12.44pm.
ALMOST 2,000 customers in central Ipswich lost their electricity today due to problems with the underground electrical network.
The power to 1,800 businesses and homes in the town centre was lost from 12.44pm onwards with most regaining it within minutes.
However 684 premises were off until 1.45pm.
The Evening Star premises, in Lower Brook Street, were affected by the cuts and were left unable to use facilities including the printing press.
You may also want to watch:
However, services resumed as normal soon afterwards.
An EDF Energy spokeswoman said: “We apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk