Town fan prepares for big meal
A LIFELONG Ipswich Town fan is today preparing to serve a gala dinner to the Blues' 1978 FA Cup-winning heroes.David Barnard's catering firm has been selected to provide the silver service meal at the Thirty Years of Honour reunion party on May 5.
A LIFELONG Ipswich Town fan is today preparing to serve a gala dinner to the Blues' 1978 FA Cup-winning heroes.
David Barnard's catering firm has been selected to provide the silver service meal at the Thirty Years of Honour reunion party on May 5.
The occasion will be the last time Sir Bobby Robson and his Wembley winners will be together.
A proud Mr Barnard, of Barnard Catering in Felixstowe, said: “I'm a big Town fan, so this will be a really nice job to work on.
You may also want to watch:
“I'm 36 so I wasn't able to go to Wembley in 1978, but I can remember watching the final on the television at home.”
The firm has laid on a plush meal for Beattie, Wark, Osborne and co. who will be joined by hundreds of supporters at the town hall event.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
Diners will tuck into Thai beef salad, guinea fowl and summer pudding before reliving the magic of Town's wonderful 1-0 triumph over favourites Arsenal.
Mr Barnard, of Ranelagh Road, Felixstowe, said: “It's a lovely menu and it should be a great night.”
While tickets to the meal have already sold out, there are still places available for the after-dinner celebrations, allowing fans to enjoy interviews with the players and their very own finely reproduced cup final programme.
To secure your ticket, call the Corn Exchange box office on 01473 433100.
Fans can also soak up the celebratory atmosphere by converging on the Cornhill, where thousands are expected to welcome the players at 5pm.
Tell us your FA Cup memories. Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com