Town fan prepares for big meal
A LIFELONG Ipswich Town fan is today preparing to serve a gala dinner to the Blues' 1978 FA Cup-winning heroes.David Barnard's catering firm has been selected to provide the silver service meal at the Thirty Years of Honour reunion party on May 5.
A LIFELONG Ipswich Town fan is today preparing to serve a gala dinner to the Blues' 1978 FA Cup-winning heroes.
David Barnard's catering firm has been selected to provide the silver service meal at the Thirty Years of Honour reunion party on May 5.
The occasion will be the last time Sir Bobby Robson and his Wembley winners will be together.
A proud Mr Barnard, of Barnard Catering in Felixstowe, said: “I'm a big Town fan, so this will be a really nice job to work on.
“I'm 36 so I wasn't able to go to Wembley in 1978, but I can remember watching the final on the television at home.”
The firm has laid on a plush meal for Beattie, Wark, Osborne and co. who will be joined by hundreds of supporters at the town hall event.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
Diners will tuck into Thai beef salad, guinea fowl and summer pudding before reliving the magic of Town's wonderful 1-0 triumph over favourites Arsenal.
Mr Barnard, of Ranelagh Road, Felixstowe, said: “It's a lovely menu and it should be a great night.”
While tickets to the meal have already sold out, there are still places available for the after-dinner celebrations, allowing fans to enjoy interviews with the players and their very own finely reproduced cup final programme.
To secure your ticket, call the Corn Exchange box office on 01473 433100.
Fans can also soak up the celebratory atmosphere by converging on the Cornhill, where thousands are expected to welcome the players at 5pm.
Tell us your FA Cup memories. Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com