Town fans want City to fall
SEND them down!That was the overwhelming verdict of Blues fans today after we asked whether you wanted struggling Norwich City to stay up or avoid the drop.
SEND them down!
That was the overwhelming verdict of Blues fans today after we asked whether you wanted struggling Norwich City to stay up or avoid the drop.
Despite Tuesday's victory over Cardiff, Bryan Gunn's ailing team remain in the relegation mire on Saturday.
City's collapse, which comes only four years after they were playing Premier League football, has seen fans from Suffolk and Norfolk considering their potential relegation.
To canvas the mood in the blue and white half of East Anglia, we conducted an online poll and also asked you to send in e-mails, letters and text messages with your views.
The web poll result had more than 74 per cent of you praying for City to be competing against Hartlepool, Yeovil and Southend in League One next season.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 6 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 7 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 8 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 New Ipswich office is 'testament to continued success' for business
Several letters and e-mails echoed the poll result.
Geoffrey Ford, of Cemetery Road, Ipswich, wrote to say: “I would like to see Norwich get relegated down to Division One.
“I think it would be better for both clubs. Norwich could then re-organise.
“I think Ipswich would be better without local derbies because there is too much rivalry and it doesn't make for a good game.”
The Canaries visit Portman Road on April 19 and it is possible that a Town win could send their bitter rivals down.
Dave Powles, news editor and football columnist for The Norwich Evening News, said: “If we were to go down against the big rivals, it would be horrible.”
Would you like to see Norwich City relegated? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com
Do you want Norwich City to be relegated this year?
Yes: 74.1 pc (220 votes)
No: 25.9 pc (77)