Tractor Boys' web polls success
ALMOST 2,000 people voted in our Tractor Boys' web polls, making them among the most successful polls we have ever run.Most people like the Tractor Boy image – by 56 per cent to 44 per cent – but the majority of people don't want the club to adopt the image formally.
ALMOST 2,000 people voted in our Tractor Boys' web polls, making them among the most successful polls we have ever run.
Most people like the Tractor Boy image – by 56 per cent to 44 per cent – but the majority of people don't want the club to adopt the image formally.
The voting in that poll was 59 to 41 per cent.
Tractor Boy was an image that came up from the fans – it started as a self-mocking chant aimed at rival supporters – and is now used to describe the club in newspapers, other media, and among fans themselves.
But the votes suggest that the fans want it to stay like that – an image "owned" by the fans and not the club.
They don't want it to become an official club brand, but something they can identify with themselves.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
This will probably please club officials who have always been slightly concerned by the image – seeing Tractor Boys as harking back to the area's agricultural past while they would prefer to look to the future.
And it will certainly please the town's MP Chris Mole, who dislikes the Tractor Boy image and feels it makes it more difficult to promote IP-City.