Traffic chaos as collisions close roads
PARTS of the A14 closed following accidents this morning have now reopened.Vehicle recovery is now complete and the road was reopened at around 9am.
PARTS of the A14 closed following accidents this morning have now reopened.
At around 7.55am a lorry and an Audi car were involved in a collision on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway close to Wherstead.
The recovery of the vehicles is now complete and the road was reopened at around 9am.
At 8am on the Ipswich-bound carriageway close to Creeting St Peter, a Renault Clio and Volkswagen Golf were involved in another collision.
You may also want to watch:
It has now been cleared and traffic is moving.
More accidents took place at Rougham and Coddenham, which did not block the road but slowed traffic.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
Two Peugeot cars were involved in a collision on the Bury St Edmunds-bound lane close to Rougham.
And at Coddenham on the Ipswich-bound carriageway close to the junction with the A140 two vehicles were involved in another collision.
It is not thought that anyone has been injured in any of the accidents.
More to follow.