Traffic chaos as collisions close roads
PARTS of the A14 closed following accidents this morning have now reopened.Vehicle recovery is now complete and the road was reopened at around 9am.
PARTS of the A14 closed following accidents this morning have now reopened.
At around 7.55am a lorry and an Audi car were involved in a collision on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway close to Wherstead.
The recovery of the vehicles is now complete and the road was reopened at around 9am.
At 8am on the Ipswich-bound carriageway close to Creeting St Peter, a Renault Clio and Volkswagen Golf were involved in another collision.
It has now been cleared and traffic is moving.
More accidents took place at Rougham and Coddenham, which did not block the road but slowed traffic.
- 1 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 7 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 10 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
Two Peugeot cars were involved in a collision on the Bury St Edmunds-bound lane close to Rougham.
And at Coddenham on the Ipswich-bound carriageway close to the junction with the A140 two vehicles were involved in another collision.
It is not thought that anyone has been injured in any of the accidents.
More to follow.