Traffic chaos as crash blocks A12
MOTORISTS on the A12 face long delays today following a crash on the southbound carriageway in Essex.The accident involving two cars happened between the Oak Road junction and the Witham North junction in Rivenhall End, near Kelvedon, at about 8.
MOTORISTS on the A12 faced long delays today following several crashes on the southbound carriageway in Essex.
There was an accident involving two cars between the Oak Road junction and the Witham North junction in Rivenhall End, near Kelvedon, at about 8.30am.
Firefighters were called to the scene but were not needed in the end as no one was trapped. No one was injured in the accident.
The road was blocked while the scene was cleared and long queues were caused. There was also another minor crash between two cars caught up in the tailbacks.
A spokeswoman for the Highways Agency said: “The Highways Agency would ask drivers to pay particular attention when caught up in tailbacks following a road traffic collision.”
Traffic was slowed up earlier this morning with another accident on the London-bound carriageway. The crash happened at 5.20am between junction 29 and 30, at the Ardleigh Interchange, about a mile north of the first crash.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 7 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 8 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 9 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 10 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
Three fire engines from Colchester and one from Manningtree attended the incident as one person is trapped in the vehicle. The scene of crash was cleared soon after. A person was taken to hospital with injuries.