Traffic delays after two-car crash blocks Civic Drive in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A two-car collision in Civic Drive is currently causing traffic delays in Ipswich town centre.
There are no reported injuries as a result of the crash although the cars were blocking the road for some time.
Police were called to the incident, on Civic Drive southbound between the A1071 Handford Road and B1075 Princes Street, at around 10.25am today, Thursday, July 27.
The crash involved a Ford Focus and an Audi TT.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the drivers had exchanged details and that police officers only attended the scene as the cars were blocking the road and needed to be moved.
She said: “We received the call at 10.23am this morning and officers were at the scene within four minutes.
“It was a straight forward shunt,” she said.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 6 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 7 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 8 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 9 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
Traffic is currently building up on Civic Drive, Franciscan Way and Grey Friars Road in Ipswich as a result of the collision.