Traffic delays as bus and lorry collide in Norwich Road, Ipswich
A bus and a red pick-up truck have collided on Norwich Road, Ipswich.
The crash happened at 11.20am near to the junction with White House Road.
Initial reports from police officers on scene suggest no-one has been seriously injured in the incident.
Angela E Willis, who lives on Norwich Road, said she heard an “almighty bang” from within her home.
Miss Willis said two older ladies were the only passengers on the bus and did not appear to be injured.
You may also want to watch:
“I went down there to see if they wanted a drink but they were fine,” she added.
The bus was parked in the bus lane with visual damage to the back right corner and was being worked on by an engineer.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
Miss Willis said the passengers were “luckily” sitting at the front end of the bus.
Carl Cook, who was in the front garden on his Norwich Road home when the incident happened, said: “I saw a bit but I definitely heard it - it made me jump.”
He said one of the passengers looked shaken and was taken home by an officer.
The bus was recovered from the road at 12.50pm.