Traffic delays as bus and lorry collide in Norwich Road, Ipswich
A bus and a red pick-up truck have collided on Norwich Road, Ipswich.
The crash happened at 11.20am near to the junction with White House Road.
Initial reports from police officers on scene suggest no-one has been seriously injured in the incident.
Angela E Willis, who lives on Norwich Road, said she heard an “almighty bang” from within her home.
Miss Willis said two older ladies were the only passengers on the bus and did not appear to be injured.
“I went down there to see if they wanted a drink but they were fine,” she added.
The bus was parked in the bus lane with visual damage to the back right corner and was being worked on by an engineer.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 8 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Miss Willis said the passengers were “luckily” sitting at the front end of the bus.
Carl Cook, who was in the front garden on his Norwich Road home when the incident happened, said: “I saw a bit but I definitely heard it - it made me jump.”
He said one of the passengers looked shaken and was taken home by an officer.
The bus was recovered from the road at 12.50pm.