Traffic delays in Ipswich caused by three incidents
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Motorists are experiencing traffic delays around Ipswich this morning due to three incidents.
A broken down van on the A14 eastbound between Junction 55 (A12) and Junction 57 (A1189 Nacton Road) is causing slow traffic in that area.
The incident took place around 8am and has now been cleared and all lanes have been reopened.
In a separate incident at 8.35am, a vehicle collided with a barrier on the A14 westbound at Copdock, between Junction 54 (Sproughton Road) and Junction 55 (A12). The incident has now been cleared.
Earlier, firefighters freed a driver from their car at Martlesham after the vehicle went into a hedge.
The incident happened around 6.25am between Tesco at Martlesham and Suffolk police headquarters on the A12 south.
Three fire crews from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street attended the incident to free the driver due to previous injuries that were not sustained in this crash.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 7 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 10 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
The incident also congestion during the rush hour.