Traffic delays on Suffolk’s icy roads after coldest night of 2016
- Credit: citizenside.com
Motorists are suffering traffic delays this morning after a number of accidents on Suffolk’s icy roads.
There are reports of congestion at the Copdock interchange in Ipswich due to an obstruction on the A12 northbound.
Congestion has also hit London Road, Fore Hamlet and Colchester Road in Ipswich.
Accidents have also been reported on Foxhall Road and Bell Lane in Kesgrave at the junction of Penzance Road.
There were further reports of an accident on The Street in East Bergholt this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Last night temperatures plummeted well below freezing, with lows of -7C recorded in some parts of Suffolk - making it the coldest night of 2016.
Suffolk wolk to a glistening layer of frost covering roads, fields and cars, making it precarious on the roads this morning.
Share your weather photos with us today - email them with a caption to our picture desk and we will publish a collection online.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store