Traffic gridlock after massive accident
EAST Suffolk came to a standstill today following a massive crash on the A14 just outside Ipswich.Two lorries and a car collided just after 2pm at the Copdock Interchange, blocking the road and causing gridlock for miles around.
EAST Suffolk came to a standstill today following a massive crash on the A14 just outside Ipswich.
Two lorries and a car collided just after 2pm at the Copdock Interchange, blocking the road and causing gridlock for miles around.
An elderly motorist was taken to hospital with non-serious injuries after being cut free from his Peugeot car.
The A137 was closed and traffic on the A14 and A12 was diverted. The recovery was expected to take several hours.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story and dramatic pictures see tomorrow's Evening Star.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault