Traffic incidents caused lane closures
AN ACCIDENT and a broken down lorry caused minor traffic disruption on the roads today.One lane of the southbound carriageway of the A12 had to be closed after a Volvo S40 ploughed into the crash barrier at around 6.40am.
AN ACCIDENT and a broken down lorry caused minor traffic disruption on the roads today.
One lane of the southbound carriageway of the A12 had to be closed after a Volvo S40 ploughed into the crash barrier at around 6.40am. No one was injured.
The accident happened between the East Bergholt junction and the Stratford St Mary junction. The lane has now been reopened.
The eastbound slip road of the A14 was also partially blocked at the Copdock Mill Interchange junction in Copdock at around 5.10am, because of a broken down lorry.
You may also want to watch:
Police put cones on part of the road while the lorry, which had a deflated tyre, was recovered.
The incident has been cleared now.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea