Traffic lights problem along Star Lane in Ipswich is fixed
- Credit: Archant
A number of drivers were reportedly involved in a near-miss crash last night as three sets of traffic lights stopped working.
The problem occurred along the one way system in Star Lane in Ipswich between the Lower Brook Street and Fore Street junctions around 6pm yesterday.
One motorist, who did not wish to be named, said he was almost caught up in a collision around 7.20pm with vehicles in front of him and those coming onto Star Lane from Slade Street.
He said: “It’s very dangerous there.
“You don’t know what to do because cars are thinking they can join the road but then they are nearly driving head-on into the side of you.”
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council, which is in charge of highways repairs, said the issue was reported to the authority around 6pm.
The company that operates the lights was contacted and engineers were sent out to replace “components on the signals”, the spokesman said.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
They were there for 15 minutes and the problem was resolved by 8pm.