Traffic on M25 following crash
PART of the M25 at Lakeside in Essex has been closed today following a serious crash.A lorry driver from Lincolnshire is in a serious condition after his vehicle was involved in a collision with another lorry on the clockwise carriageway, between junctions 30 and 31, at 4.30am.
PART of the M25 at Lakeside in Essex was closed today following a serious crash.
A 46-year-old lorry driver from Lincolnshire is in a serious condition after his vehicle was involved in a collision with another lorry on the clockwise carriageway, between junctions 30 and 31, at 4.30am today.
Fire crews used three sets of hydraulic cutting equipment as well as four electrically powered saws in their efforts to release one of the drivers who was trapped. He was taken to hospital via an ambulance at 8am.
Diversions were in place as a section of the road was closed while investigations were carried out and the lorries were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened at 1pm.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win