Traffic on the move as road re-opens
WORK to clear the huge traffic delays that have built up around the A14 is now underway.Suffolk Police re-opened the Stowmarket bound carriageway at around 5pm this afternoon.
WORK to clear the huge traffic delays that have built up around the A14 is now underway.
Suffolk Police re-opened the Stowmarket bound carriageway at around 5pm this afternoon.
The road between the Copdock Mill Interchange and the A1156 has been closed in both directions for much of the day following a series of accidents early this morning.
But the news of the re-opened road came with a warning that it would still take a long time to clear the backlog of traffic that has built up around the town throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
One lane of the Stowmarket bound carriageway is due to be closed again at 8pm while repair work to the carriageway and crash barriers is carried out.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich