Traffic still flowing despite damaged Portman Road traffic lights
- Credit: Archant
A crash at the junction of Handford Road and Portman Road in Ipswich has taken a set of traffic lights out.
Suffolk police were called to a single vehicle collision at the site late last night.
Drivers heading towards London Road or turning left into Portman Road via Handford Road are being affected.
Thousands of people are set to attend the Ipswich Town v Lincoln game this afternoon.
A spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council said at 2pm that the traffic is still flowing and the lights are still working, apart from one light on the main column as drivers approach from Civic Drive.
You may also want to watch:
He said temporary lights were considered, but were ruled out as the traffic was moving fine. Contractors are expected to look at the lights on Monday, but the area around them has been made safe with barriers, he said.
One person was taken to hospital after the crash, but their injuries are not thought to be serious.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood