All we know about the Copdock lorry crash so far
- Credit: NSRAPT
Drivers are continuing to report traffic misery following a crash at Copdock which saw a lorry hang off a bridge onto the A14.
The accident happened around 5pm today at the Copdock interchange on the edge of Ipswich.
Traffic is heavy heading in and out of Ipswich as a result of the crash.
Where is currently closed?
The A14 is currently closed eastbound at the scene with the lorry overhead, while vehicles are unable to get on the A12 heading southbound from Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Those wanting to head south towards Colchester should travel via Wherstead, although traffic maps also show disruption in the area.
What areas are affected?
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
Traffic heading eastbound on the A14 has stretched as far as Great Blakenham, and there are delays heading into Ipswich on the A12.
Traffic in the area has also been affected by the Rod Stewart concert at Portman Road.
When will the roads re-open?
Police and Highways England are awaiting recovery for the lorry before the A14 re-opens.
A spokesman for Suffolk police warned recovery could be a long process.
Are there any injuries?
The driver of the lorry has been taken to Ipswich Hospital to be treated for minor injuries.