Town centre road closed for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks in Ipswich will be disrupting traffic off Woodbridge Road as Suffolk Highways workers lay new road surfaces.
Nelson Road is due to be shut until 3.30pm on December 5, with drivers in the town redirected along Spring Lane and Cauldwell Hall Road.
The Suffolk Highways team will be resurfacing the tarmac to maintain the road.
In a tweet, Suffolk Highways said: “Nelson Road, Ipswich will be closed on December 5 between 9.30am and 3.30pm, to carry out carriageway resurfacing works.
“Please follow the diversion.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure will not impact local businesses in Spring Lane and Woodbridge Road, with the opening hours of The Fat Cat, Sainbury’s Local and Barclays bank unaffected.
Single and double yellow lines run along Caldwell Hall Road and Spring Lane, so additional traffic should not have to navigate street parking on residential roads.
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
A full list of the planned roadworks for the town can be found on the Suffolk Highways website.
The temporary closure is just one of the planned roadworks designed to reduce potential travel problems and congestion on Ipswich roads.