Town centre road closed for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks in Ipswich will be disrupting traffic off Woodbridge Road as Suffolk Highways workers lay new road surfaces.
Nelson Road is due to be shut until 3.30pm on December 5, with drivers in the town redirected along Spring Lane and Cauldwell Hall Road.
The Suffolk Highways team will be resurfacing the tarmac to maintain the road.
In a tweet, Suffolk Highways said: “Nelson Road, Ipswich will be closed on December 5 between 9.30am and 3.30pm, to carry out carriageway resurfacing works.
“Please follow the diversion.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure will not impact local businesses in Spring Lane and Woodbridge Road, with the opening hours of The Fat Cat, Sainbury’s Local and Barclays bank unaffected.
Single and double yellow lines run along Caldwell Hall Road and Spring Lane, so additional traffic should not have to navigate street parking on residential roads.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
A full list of the planned roadworks for the town can be found on the Suffolk Highways website.
The temporary closure is just one of the planned roadworks designed to reduce potential travel problems and congestion on Ipswich roads.