5 roadworks in Suffolk to be aware of ahead of New Year's Eve
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
It may still be Christmas time but there's plenty of roadworks that are causing delays in Suffolk.
Here's five projects that motorists should plan their journeys around in the lead-up to the New Year.
A1214 London Road, Ipswich
The A1214 near Suffolk One in the Pinewood area of Ipswich has been partially closed for a number of months, with the work expected to last until next summer.
The road is still passable, but motorists are being advised to expect delays in peak times.
Old Norwich Road, Ipswich
A mini-roundabout is being constructed in Old Norwich Road on the outskirts of Ipswich, with the works expected to continue until the end of January.
The area around Old Norwich Road has been developed in recent years, including a development of council homes.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
Barton Hill, Bury St Edmunds
A new footpath is being constructed along Barton Hill in Bury St Edmunds, with the road off the A134 set to closed until April.
Motorists have already expressed their frustrations over the delays the works are causing.
Woodhall Road, Sudbury
Woodhall Road, just off the A131 through the centre of Sudbury, is set to remain closed until the end of January for Cadent gas works.
A diversion route through York Road will take motorists onto Queens Road.
B1438 Ipswich Road, Woodbridge
Cadent gas works are taking place in this busy Woodbridge Road up to New Year's Eve.
Temporary traffic lights have been put in place to allow motorists to pass by, but delays are likely.