7 roadworks in Suffolk for drivers to plan their journeys around this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
There are plenty of roadworks taking place in Suffolk this week, including some on key routes like the A14 near Ipswich and the A12.
Here are seven sets of works for drivers to plan their journeys around.
A14, near Ipswich
The A14 outside Ipswich will be closed in both directions between junctions 52 and 56 over Friday night between 8pm and 6am.
The work will then resume again overnight the following week.
Drivers are being urged to avoid the A14 westbound slip road at junction 58, which leads to Felixstowe Road in Ipswich, over Thursday night.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 3 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 4 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 5 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 6 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 10 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
The slip road will be closed from 9pm to 5am.
Nacton Road, Ipswich
Nacton Road is one of the busiest streets in Ipswich, but roadworks may cause delays from Monday morning.
Work is planned to start at 9.30am and continue into early August.
Church Hill, Burstall
This rural road connecting villages west of Ipswich is set to be closed from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.
The closure is to allow for the road to be resurfaced, as well as work on drainage and ditches.
Works are continuing on the A12 between Ipswich and Colchester, with the road set to be closed nightly between 9pm and 5am from junction 29 to 31.
The works are expected to continue into late August.
Linkwood Road, Little Whelnetham
This road connecting villages near Bury St Edmunds is set to be closed from Monday to Friday.
Drivers will be diverted through nearby Rougham and Bradfield St George while the closure is in place.
The Street, Thornham Magna
This road through the centre of Thornham Magna, just off the A140 in mid Suffolk, will be sealed off from Monday to Thursday.
Drivers can get around the closure by heading onto the A140 for a few miles.