Delays cleared after two-vehicle crash blocks A1071
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The A1071 at Hintlesham has reopened following a two-vehicle crash which blocked the road this morning. .
Suffolk police said Thorpes Hill between the George Pub and Chattisham turnoff is now cleared following the collision.
The vehicles have now been recovered and traffic has returned to normal.
Police described the road conditions as "treacherous" and reminded people to only travel if making an essential journey.
Police were also called at 7.30am to a broken down lorry on the on-slip for the A14 at Newmarket.
The on-slip is down to one lane, but no issues have been reported.
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 3 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing Ipswich woman Sarah Field
- 4 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years
- 5 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 6 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 9 Heartbreak for owners as puppy Storm loses battle for life
- 10 Full list: Wetherspoon beer gardens open in Suffolk on April 12