Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
There are currently more than six miles of delays near Colchester after the A120 was closed following reports of an accident.
According to the AA Traffic Map, there are severe delays tailing back onto the A12 after a collision involving a pedestrian and a lorry.
National Highways tweeted to say that the A120 is now closed in both directions between the A12 and A133 junctions due to a major accident.
An earlier travel news tweet from Essex County Council's said: "The A120 eastbound closed between Ardleigh Crown (A12) and A133 at Hare Green.
"Northbound queues on A12 Colchester bypass to J27 (Spring Lane) and on surrounding roads through Colchester.
A diversion route has been put in place by Highways England.
The diversion route is as follows:
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
Eastbound - Follow the hollow triangle symbol
- At Crown Interchange take the A1232 into Colchester.
- Continue on the A1232 to the double roundabouts and take the A133 to Clacton.
- Follow the A133 through Elmstead Market and Frating Green to Weeley.
- At Weeley take the B1033 and continue to the B1035 junction.
- At the junction turn right and follow the B1035 through Tendring and rejoin the A120 At Horsely Cross roundabout.
Westbound - Follow the hollow triangle symbol
- At Horsley Cross roundabout take the first exit onto the B1035 and continue through
Tendring to the junction with the B1033.
- Turn right onto the B1033, at Weeley continue in the A133.
- At the A133 roundabout take the second exit follow the A133 through Frating Green
and Elmstead Market to Colchester.
- At Colchester continue on the A133 to the double roundabout with the A1232.
- At the roundabout follow the A1232 for Ipswich and re-join the A120 at Crown
Essex Police has been approached for a comment.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.