Injured car passengers trapped after crash with van on A12
- Credit: Google Maps
Injured passengers trapped in a car after a crash with a van on the A12 had to be rescued by firefighters.
A Mercedes Sprinter van was lodged against the door of the Toyota Aygo after the incident on the A12, near Capel St Mary - trapping all those inside.
Firefighters used battery operated kit to open the passenger door of the Aygo, freeing the passengers and the driver.
All are now receiving medical attention following the incident, which happened just after 11am today.
A single-lane closure was put in place while emergency services were on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The extent of the passengers' injuries are not yet known.
Traffic jams are now expected in the area.
- 1 Four arrested after drug warrant carried out at Ipswich property
- 2 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 3 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 4 Could Aldi closure prompt all change in Ipswich shops?
- 5 County lines drug dealer who supplied Class A drugs in Ipswich jailed
- 6 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 7 Mum praises trampoline park after changing rules for autistic son
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 New council houses in Chantry nearing completion