Person taken to hospital as A12 northbound closed after crash
- Credit: Google Maps
One person has been taken to hospital following a three-vehicle crash which left part of the A12 outside of Ipswich closed.
Emergency services were called to the crash on the northbound carriageway at 2.30pm today.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the carriageway of the A12 have been closed while emergency services attend the crash, which happened between Capel St Mary and Copdock.
He also confirmed that fire and ambulance crews have been called to the scene.
Six fire engines were called to the crash.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it was called to rescue one person who was trapped in their vehicle following the crash.
Crews used hydraulic cutting equipment to rescue the person.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
The spokesman also said there was a second person trapped in a vehicle but they were able to free themselves.
The Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service were also called to the scene and confirmed that one person has been taken to hospital by land ambulance.
No serious injuries have been reported.
Appliances from Colchester, Manningtree, Ipswich East and Princes Street were called to the scene of the crash.
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.