A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a potentially serious condition after a crash on the A12 between two vehicles - with the road being closed so an air ambulance can land.
The dual carriageway was blocked between Hatfield Peverel and the Boreham Interchange as a result of the incident - and remained largely shut during much of the evening rush hour only opening again fully just after 6pm.
One person has been taken to hospital in a potentially serious condition.
Essex Police, who were called to the incident at around 11.50am, had advised people to avoid the area.
Three fire engines and three ambulances were on the scene and both carriageways will remain closed so that officers can investigate, recover the vehicles and to allow repair works to be carried out.
If you saw the incident or have any CCTV and dash cam footage, you can submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk
Alternatively, use the 'live chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am and 11pm.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
People can also call police 101, quoting incident 483 of June 21. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.