Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
There are long tailbacks on the A12 following two crashes on both carriageways.
According to National Highways there are delays of 80 minutes on the northbound carriageway, near Kelvedon after a multiple vehicle collision.
Queues are up to seven miles long and vehicles moving at an average speed of 9mph as a result says the highway's agency.
Ambulance crews have been sent to the crash but the extent of any injuries are not yet known.
In a separate incident, the southbound carriageway was closed following a crash, near Hatfield Peverel.
The carriageway has now reopened with motorists told to expect long delays.
Ambulance crews were also sent to the crash.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
It is not yet clear how many vehicles have been involved in the crash or the extent of any injuries.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.