Delays of 45 minutes on A12 after two-vehicle crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Motorists are facing 10 miles of congestion on the A12 after a two-vehicle crash.
Emergency services are currently at the scene of the crash in the southbound carriageway near Witham, where one lane is closed.
National Highways East has warned drivers of long delays while emergency services attend.
In a tweet, National Highways said: "On the A12 south between junction 21 and junction 20b near Witham, lane two of two is closed due to a collision.
"Emergency services are on scene and recovery are en route.
"Please allow extra time for your journey as delays of 45 minutes and 10 miles of congestion on the approach."
The number of vehicles involved and the extent of any injuries is not yet known.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 2 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 How to get a free pint at a Suffolk pub if you have one of 23 surnames
- 7 Heatwave possible as temperatures expected to soar
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
- 9 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 10 Man, 26, who distributed indecent images of children avoids prison
Essex Police has been approached for a comment.