A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- Credit: SARS
Both lanes in the westbound direction of the A14 near Stowmarket have reopened following a crash where a vehicle ended up on its roof.
Emergency services were called to the crash in the westbound carriageway near Haughley just before 1.30pm today.
The westbound carriageway was closed for about an hour before one lane reopened, while the second lane was opened about three hours later.
A police spokesman said that both the eastbound and westbound carriageway were initially closed but the eastbound road has since reopened.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service previously said: "Crews are currently assisting other emergency services partners rescue one person from their vehicle which is currently on its roof."
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
A Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) spokesman said a volunteer team was at the scene.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
The spokesman said: "The incident involved a single vehicle and occurred around 1.38pm near Haughley.
"The SARS team was the first medical resource on scene and assessed and treated a male patient who was later taken to hospital by land ambulance.
"His condition is not believed to be life-threatening."
Appliances from Princes Street, Stowmarket and Elmswell have been called to the crash.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.