A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- Credit: Contributed
The A14 has reopened after an HGV crashed into the central reservation and overturned, causing significant damage.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash near the Orwell Bridge today, Thursday, October 27.
A spokesman for Suffolk police previously said the westbound carriageway was completely closed and lane two of the eastbound carriageway was also closed.
The spokesman added the driver was out of the lorry and checked over by paramedics.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "An ambulance was called to a road traffic collision on the westbound A14 between Orwell Bridge and Copdock just before 10.55am today.
"A patient was assessed at the scene and did not require transportation to hospital.”
According to the AA Traffic Map, there were severe delays of 22 minutes which are increasing on the westbound carriageway and delays of 15 minutes in the eastbound carriageway.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
Queues have been reported back to near the Copdock Interchange on the eastbound carriageway.
A statement from National Highways said: "National Highways contractors will be attending the scene to assess and repair damage to the central reservation barrier which has been significantly damaged in the collision."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.