Massive 200-litre diesel spillage causes major A14 tailbacks
A massive 200-litre diesel spillage is causing major delays on the A14, with police forced to close two lanes to clear up the mess.
The spillage from a lorry happened at the Dock Spur roundabout, near Felixstowe, at about 1.35pm today.
Both lanes of the westbound A14 will now be closed while the spillage is cleared between J60 at Dockspur Roundabout and J59 for the Howlett Way Roundabout.
Motorists have been offered a diversion route away from the area.
- Exit the A14 at the J60 Dockspur Roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto the A154 Candlet Road.
- Continue until the roundabout with Grove Road and then take the 2nd exit.
- Continue on the A154 until the signalised junction with High Road West.
- At the junction, turn right and continue along High Road West, High Street and High Road.
- After Trimley, take the 2nd exit at the roundabout and re-join the A14 westbound at J59.