Road closed as air ambulance called to serious crash off A14
- Credit: Archant/Google Maps
The air ambulance has been called to a serious crash involving two vehicles off the A14 in Stowupland.
Police, firefighters and ambulance service was called to the crash in Church Road at about 11.10am today.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "One driver has suffered potentially serious leg injuries.
"Fire crews have been called to help with the extraction of one person from their vehicle.
"The air ambulance has been called and a full road closure is currently in place."
The driver was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, a police spokesman later confirmed.
The other driver has been injured but the extent of their injuries are not known.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said crews are on scene and assisting with the removal of one person from their vehicle.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent two ambulances, an ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance for further care."
In a post on Facebook, Stowmarket police said: "We are currently at the scene of a collision in Church Road, Stowupland.
"The road may be closed for a while, and we are sending vehicles onto Thorney Green to bypass it, and the schools will need to be accessed from the other end."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.