Long delays on A14 after lorry's fuel tank ruptured in crash
- Credit: NSRAPT
One lane of the A14 was closed after a car and lorry collided near the Copdock Interchange outside of Ipswich.
The incident happened shortly before 7.20am on Monday, Suffolk police said.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said no one was injured as a result of the collision.
They added the lorry's fuel tank has ruptured – causing fuel to leak across the carriageway.
Officers on the scene used dirt from the verge to stop the fuel spreading into lane two.
In a tweet, Highways England warned the crash has caused delays of one hour on the A12 northbound and A14 eastbound.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 Suffolk pubs say al fresco dining here to stay, even after restrictions end