Where to get the cheapest fuel in Suffolk as prices stay high
- Credit: PA
Drivers are continuing to feel the squeeze at fuel stations as prices remain near record highs – so where are the cheapest places to fill up in Suffolk?
Just 10% of more than 4,500 UK forecourts are charging a fair price for petrol and diesel, according to new figures from the RAC.
The breakdown assistance firm believes retailers should be charging nearer to 174p for a litre of unleaded in response to wholesale prices that have fallen in recent weeks.
But the latest prices have shown the majority of Suffolk stations are still charging between 180p and 190p per litre of petrol.
The PetrolPrices app has collated the cost of fuel at a number of forecourts – here are some of the cheapest prices reported in Suffolk towns over the past 48 hours.
Asda, Stoke Park Drive
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 3 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 4 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 5 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 6 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 7 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 8 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 9 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 10 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
Morrisons, Grange Farm Avenue
Gulf, Melton Road
Bury St Edmunds
Esso, Fornham Road
Tesco, Fordham Road
Sainsbury's, Great Cornard Road
Tesco, Yarmouth Road