Broken down freight train blocks travel from Ipswich to Stowmarket
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Greater Anglia has warned that a broken down freight train between Ipswich and Stowmarket is causing disruption to travel.
All trains traveling from Ipswich to Stowmarket are currently unable to get through, due to a freight train needing rescue at Needham Market.
This is affecting services running from Ipswich to Norwich, Cambridge and Peterborough.
Services from London to Norwich may also be delayed, as they may need to reroute through Cambridge.
A rescue vehicle has been dispatched to clear the line, and bring the stranded train to Ipswich.
There it will be placed into a siding.
Greater Anglia confirm that there are unlikely to be any cancellations or long delays because of this, and they expect normal service to resume over the next couple of hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service