Trains to and from London cancelled amid flooded railway
- Credit: Archant
Train services between Suffolk and the capital are being cancelled or delayed due to flooding on the railway in Romford.
Two services have been cancelled so far due to the heavy rain, which has flooded a section of the track in Romford. A further service between Liverpool Street and Clacton has also been suspended.
Disruption is expected until further notice, with some services to the capital being terminated at Shenfield while others in the opposite direction are being started from Ingatestone.
Greater Anglia is expecting to update customers within the next hour.
A statement on its website read: "Due to a speed restriction because of heavy rain between London Liverpool Street and Romford some lines are blocked.
You may also want to watch:
"Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed. Disruption is expected until further notice."
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 7 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 8 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival