Orwell Bridge cleared after collision causes delays outside Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A lane of the A14 Orwell Bridge outside Ipswich has been cleared after a collision caused traffic jams.
Highways England said on Twitter that the incident happened between junctions 56 and 57 of the westbound carriageway at around 1pm.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the scene.
The conditions of the motorists involved in the collision are not currently known.
The AA traffic map suggested vehicles were able to pass at an average speed of just 10mph.
You may also want to watch:
As of 3.30pm the road was cleared.
- 1 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Did you see Status Quo at this Ipswich pub?