Woman taken to hospital after two-vehicle crash outside Ipswich
- Credit: Martin Palmer
A woman has been taken to hospital after a two-vehicle crash just outside of Ipswich.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were called to the crash, at the junction of Bell Lane and Foxhall Road near Kesgrave, just before 11.45am today.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the road is partially blocked after a crash involving a Ford Ka and a Toyota Yaris.
She added: "The driver of the Ford Ka - a female - appears to have sustained an injury as a result of the incident and had to be extracted from the car."
The woman has been taken to hospital for assessment but it is not yet clear how serious her injuries are.
A spokesman for the fire service said crews are currently attending the crash, but did not have any more information at this time.
Appliances from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street are in attendance.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
According to the AA traffic map, there is some traffic in the area.
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.