Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has been taken to hospital following a road in Ipswich being closed after a pedestrian was hit by a vehicle near Bourne Park.
Emergency services were called to the crash in Stoke Park Drive near the junction with Bourne Park just after 11.50am on Wednesday.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We sent an ambulance, rapid response vehicle and car from the BASICS charity.
"Crews treated a female patient at the scene before transporting her to Ipswich Hospital for further assessment and care."
Speaking yesterday a Suffolk police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed.
"A female pedestrian has suffered injuries and a vehicle is off the road in a ditch.
"A paramedic was already on scene before officers arrived."
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 3 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 4 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 5 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 6 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 7 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 8 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
The extent of any injuries is not yet known.