Three-car crash on one-way system sparks further traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene of a three-car crash in Star Lane, Ipswich, on Saturday evening.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary were called to reports of a collision on the one-way system shortly after 7pm.
Traffic was heavy through Ipswich anyway due to the closure of the Orwell Bridge and motorists reported further delays on Star Lane as a result of the crash.
A police spokeswoman said the incident is not believed to be serious but an ambulance crew was called to assess those involved.
Three fire engines, two from Princes Street and one from the Ipswich East fire station, were also called to the scene. They called a stop to the incident at 8.36pm and left by 9.15pm.
Suffolk Highways teams were also called as a substance leaked onto the carriageway following the crash, the police spokeswoman added.
Elsewhere, the Orwell Bridge was closed in both directions since 5.30pm with Highways England bosses indicating the closure could continue past 9.30pm.
UPDATE 9.30pm: Police have now confirmed a man has been detained on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.
The A14 fully re-opened shortly afterwards.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 7 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich