Find out how you can get from Ipswich to London by train for just £5
- Credit: Andrew Mutimer/Sarah Lucy Brown
Thousands of cheap rail tickets are being made available by Greater Anglia this autumn, with travel from Ipswich to London costing as little as £5 away.
For a limited time, Greater Anglia are offering one-way tickets to the capital for only £5, which is cheaper than getting a peak time tube ticket into the city centre from Zone 6.
Launching on October 14, the scheme, which Greater Anglia are calling Hare Fares, will run through to mid November, with the cheap train fares also available from other stations including Cambridge, Norwich, Southend Victoria and Colchester.
Martin Moran, Greater Anglia’s Commercial, Customer Services and Train Presentation Director, said: “Travelling by train is cheaper than you think, and our new bargain Hare Fares mean people can travel for less this autumn.
“Hare Fares can be purchased throughout half term too, so families can enjoy great days out. Greater Anglia has a range of great value fares and up to four children can travel for just £1 each way with any adult.”
You may also want to watch:
Hare Fares are only available as standard off-peak advance tickets and are not valid with Groupsave or railcards.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall