Lorry gets stuck under railway bridge near Ipswich causing train delays
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A road going underneath a railway bridge in Bramford has been closed after a lorry has become stuck.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the scene at Ship Lane, Bramford, just after 2.50pm today (Monday, May 24).
There are no injuries, but the road only reopened at around 6pm according to Suffolk police.
Greater Anglia has said a train from Peterborough to Ipswich is running late due to a bridge being struck by a vehicle.
And the AA route planner map was showing a build-up of traffic in the area, which has since eased.
Network Rail and British Transport Police also attended the scene.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before