Woman injured in crash on main road into Ipswich
- Credit: Ryan Cook
A woman has suffered suspected neck and spinal injuries after a van and car crashed along the A1214 in Rushmere St Andrew to the east of Ipswich.
Police are at the scene of the two-vehicle crash outside Foxwood Ceramics along the A1214 Woodbridge Road, which heads out to Kesgrave and onto Woodbridge.
Officers were called at 1.36pm today and remain at the scene of the crash.
One person has reported a possible neck injury.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also has vehicles in attendance, with three mobilised from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street.
A spokesman said crews freed the female casualty from the vehicle and she was left in the care of the ambulance service.
They said she has suspected neck and spinal injuries.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 7 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 8 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk
A stop time has since been called on the incident and traffic appears to be running smoothly.