Woman injured in crash on main road into Ipswich
- Credit: Ryan Cook
A woman has suffered suspected neck and spinal injuries after a van and car crashed along the A1214 in Rushmere St Andrew to the east of Ipswich.
Police are at the scene of the two-vehicle crash outside Foxwood Ceramics along the A1214 Woodbridge Road, which heads out to Kesgrave and onto Woodbridge.
Officers were called at 1.36pm today and remain at the scene of the crash.
One person has reported a possible neck injury.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also has vehicles in attendance, with three mobilised from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street.
A spokesman said crews freed the female casualty from the vehicle and she was left in the care of the ambulance service.
They said she has suspected neck and spinal injuries.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after serious incident in Ipswich
- 2 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 3 Debenhams in Ipswich to reopen for a huge closing down sale
- 4 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back
- 6 Which shops will Ipswich lose forever after Covid?
- 7 Ipswich, Babergh and Colchester see slight rise in Covid cases
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 9 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 10 'Strip club Climax goes into liquidation owing £55,000 in tax
A stop time has since been called on the incident and traffic appears to be running smoothly.